Here’s our top tips to keeping your house from smelling and looking like a kennel.
- Get an odor-resistant bed
- Use an air purifier
- Put baking soda out – you can also sprinkle baking soda onto the carpets and let it sit overnight to absorb odors, then vacuum it up in the morning
- Wash once a week – gather up all those blankets, toys etc and wash them. Cuts downs on smell and prevents mild and mildew from growing.
- Use an enzymatic cleaner – the enzymes in cleaners attack the particles that cause staining and odors, helping to rid your home of both. There are natural ones out there that are safe to use on anything from carpets to beds.
- Wash everything with apple cider vinegar. From blankets to pillows and curtains, basically wash anything your pet comes into contact with on a regular basis. Use a combination of laundry soap and ¼ cup apple cider vinegar with cold water.
An effective DIY degreaser that can be used in your splashbacks, benches, kitchen walls and stovetop is made by mixing equal parts baking soda and dish liquid with 20 drops of orange essential oil. The d-limonene in the essential oil will help lift stubborn grease from the surface. Apply the mix to the surface, allow to sit for 10 minutes and scrub with a damp sponge. Rinse well and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
LET US HELP!
Does going the extra mile seem like a whole lot of extra time and energy… more than you want to give to cleaning your house? Let us help!
At Dunedin House Cleaners, our staff take pride in our work and always stress the little stuff. We not only clean the large surfaces and obvious areas, our team can get right into the tricky spaces, so your home looks and feels squeaky clean and germ free!
Get in touch today for a FREE no-obligations quote!