One of pale carpets biggest enemies… red wine.
Spills happen no matter how careful you’re being. Don’t panic if you’ve spilt a little (or a lot) of red wine onto your clean carpets, we’ve got some great home remedies for you to try before having to call in a professional.
TOP TIP: Act fast
Most importantly when a spill happens is get on to cleaning it ASAP. Once the liquid dries and “sets” into your carpet’s fibres, it becomes much harder to get it out on your own.
TOP 3 WAYS TO GET RED WINE OUT OF CARPET:
Soda Water / Club Soda:
- Blot (DON’T rub) the stain as well as you can with a clean, dry cloth. Try to soak up as much of the liquid as possible
- Pour some soda water over the stain (enough to soak into the fibres)
- Blot again with a CLEAN dry cloth
- Pour more soda water on it
- Blog again (and repeat until the stain is gone)
This may sound crazy but believe it or not, white wine has the enzyme that can neutralize a red wine stain
- Soak up excess liquid with a clean dry cloth
- Pour some white wine onto the stain
- Now using a clean damp cloth blot the stained area.
- After most of the stain is gone you can use a mild detergent and a damp cloth to clean the area, again dabbing NOT rubbing or scrubbing
- White Vinegar & Detergent:
- DIY stain solution by mixing 1/3 Cup of white vinegar with 2/3 Cup of water.
- Pour vinegar solution on the stain and blot with a clean cloth.
- When the stain is lighter, use mild dish washing detergent to blot the remaining stain.
- Rinse the soap by spraying some water on the soaped carpet and blot using a dry clean cloth.
TOP TIP: After the stain is gone, blow dry the wet area with cool air
If you’re a bit late and the stain has already dried, don’t panic. Get in touch with us and we can asses the damage and provide advice. More often than not our special stain-removing solution can remove even the toughest of stains.
If you have any further questions about carpet cleaning check out Dunedin Carpet Cleaning by clicking on the link below, for all your carpet cleaning needs.
LET US HELP!
Does going the extra mile seem like a whole lot of extra time and energy… more than you want to give to cleaning your house? Let us help!
At Dunedin House Cleaners, our staff take pride in our work and always stress the little stuff. We not only clean the large surfaces and obvious areas, our team can get right into the tricky spaces, so your home looks and feels squeaky clean and germ free!
Get in touch today for a FREE no-obligations quote!