You will need;
- Distilled white vinegar
- Hot water
- A spray bottle
- Microfiber Cloth
- An old toothbrush
- Remove all the food from your fridge/freezer, food will be fine as this will not take longer than an hour. Take this time to check the expiration dates on your frozen food. If they’ve passed, toss the item.
- Unplug your refrigerator.
- Mix equal parts vinegar and hot water in your spray bottle. This is your cleaning solution.
- Spray the inside of the freezer generously with your cleaner and wipe the solution away with a dry microfiber cloth. You may need to repeat this step a few times to get your freezer clean.
- For stubborn spills or food gunk, dip the old toothbrush in hot water. Scrub gently until the area is clean and wipe any residue away with a microfiber cloth.
- Wipe the inside of your freezer dry with a clean microfiber cloth, making sure you don’t leave any liquid behind.
- Wash your freezer drawers, bins and ice trays using the instructions in the section below.
- Plug your fridge/freezer back in and replace your food. Wipe any condensation off your food before returning it to your fridige/freezer.
For the removable shelves, trays or draws you will need;
- Warm water
- Dishwashing liquid
- Dish sponge
- Microfiber cloth
- Let shelves, draws and trays adjust to room temperature before cleaning as you don’t want to crack your accessories
- Mix dishwashing liquid with warm water in kitchen sink
- Use dish cloth or sponge to wash each accessory just as you would your dishes.
- Rinse ice trays, bins, draws etc until soapy residue is all off
- Wipe items dry and leave to air dry before placing back into your fridge/freezer
LET US HELP!
Does going the extra mile seem like a whole lot of extra time and energy… more than you want to give to cleaning your house? Let us help!
At Dunedin House Cleaners, our staff take pride in our work and always stress the little stuff. We not only clean the large surfaces and obvious areas, our team can get right into the tricky spaces, so your home looks and feels squeaky clean and germ free!
Get in touch today for a FREE no-obligations quote!