For the cleaning to be effective it is critical that you have the right supplies. Some of these include white vinegar, glass cleaners, disinfectants, dusting cloths, cleaning cloths, sponges, old towels, scrubbing brushes. You can follow this checklist to make sure you achieve all your pre moving cleaning tasks on time.
- Take all nails and screws out of the walls and ceiling and putty them smoothly
- Dust the ceiling fixtures & lights
- Dust all ledges & skirting boards
- Clean the windows – glass, frames, sills and tracks
- Clean the door knobs and doors and along the top ledge of door frame
- Clean all light switches and outlets
- Clean the walls and baseboards
- Vacuum Carpets – Recommend a professional carpet cleaner to remove stain and steam clean carpets. You could hire a carpet machine but it will take several hours and the results will be substandard.
- Get rid of all cobwebs.
- Get soap scum off the bathroom tiles and tub/shower and bleach the grout.
- Clean out the bathroom drawers and vanity, making sure you get all the hair out (and remove any liners).
- Clean the toilet, sink, counter top and finally the floor (sweep and mop). If the toilet seat is unsavory looking, replace it. You can buy a new one for less than $20 and easy to install.
- Clean the mirror perfectly – any marks on a mirror instantly makes the bathroom look like it has not been cleaned properly
- Vacuum out the surface of the exhaust fan if super dusty and degrease if sticky from dust.
- Clean out all cabinets and drawers
- Wash the front of the cabinets.
- Clean and disinfect all countertops.
- Clean and shine up the sink and faucet.
- Scrub the refrigerator inside and out (if applicable). Remove all shelves and clean separately if necessary.
- Scrub the oven inside and out. Remove shelving, drip pans and burners. Use steel wool, it is your friend.
- Clean out the dishwasher if you have one.
- Clean exhaust fan if needed.
- Remove all appliances and sweep behind them.
- Dust, sweep, vacuum and mop these empty rooms + complete cleaning as per general areas as above
- Should be completely empty and swept and clean any windows. Clean windows make all the difference. You could have a room 100% perfectly cleaned but a dirty window will let the whole clean down.
- Cut the grass.
- Pull the weeds.
- Remove all of your stuff that might be stuck in the ground or hanging in trees.
- Scrub any grass stains, water marks or dirt off any (or as much as you can) paths, steps, driveways and paved areas.
LET US HELP!
Does going the extra mile seem like a whole lot of extra time and energy… more than you want to give to cleaning your house? Let us help!
At Dunedin House Cleaners, our staff take pride in our work and always stress the little stuff. We not only clean the large surfaces and obvious areas, our team can get right into the tricky spaces, so your home looks and feels squeaky clean and germ free!
Get in touch today for a FREE no-obligations quote!